Ten Worst Honeymoon Vacation Ideas: Where NOT to Spend Your Honeymoon
1. A trip to Disneyland with your four hormone tense, teenage daughters (from first marriage,) his five horny, teenage monsters (from first, second and third marriages) who have been educated solely on American Pie rerun, and a dog named Killer who nobody admits to owning.
2. Colombia – they may steal the bride (read more about their favourite pastime). I do hear, however, that they have reduced rates for pensioners so you might consider sending your mother-in-law.
3. At The Bellingshausen Research Station in Antartica – However romantic you might think the idea is, remember we’re talking about high temperatures of -15 degrees and that’s in centigrade!
4. With the Kakongo tribe in their beautiful village in the Congo, untouched by civilisation. There is only one small, minute, insignificant itsy-bitsy detail you might not have taken into account more…
5. Ixmiquilpan, Mexico - What could be more romantic than spending a night in the open country while being ruthlessly hunted down and shot at by merciless border guards? That’s the experience on offer at Parque Eco Alberto (www.parqueecoalberto.com.mx), a theme park which promises to give a proper taste of what it’s like for Mexican immigrants illegally trying to enter the United States. (Courtesy of http://travel.ninemsn.com.au)
6. Chornobyl Ukraine – the ultimate honeymoon retreat. How many other couples do you know who spend their honeymoon at a nuclear fallout zone. A radiant experience is promised for both of you.
7. Karosta Prison in Liepaja, Latvia. The honeymoon experience at Karosta includes a double cell with bunk or iron beds, a typical prison meal and complimentary him and her gas masks . You can leave after one night, if you behave yourselves and the prison warden will be happy to deal with the annulment or divorce papers.
8. Camping in the jungle at Costa Rica. What can be more romantic. Just the two of you, and the required assortment of ants,snakes, boa constrictors and wild monkeys. Shades of Mary Poppins.
9. At the Gilroy Garlic Festival in California. No need to elaborate.
10. In the back room of your new in-laws house after you find you’ve been swindled out of a real honeymoon. See The Family Way(1965) with Hayley Mills for the larger picture.
© 2010 Steve Taite. All rights reserved. If you enjoyed this post please leave a comment and pass on to your friends. If not feel free to pass on to your enemies. Don't want to miss a post? What are you waiting for, subscribe now or follow me on twitter.