50 Things to do before you hit the bucket
- Find Big Foot
- Stand on Big Foots foot
- Run the Arctic marathon making sure you the enormous white bear behind you stays there.
- Spend a night at the Paris Hilton
- Spend a night with Paris Hilton
- Find Waldo then donate him the home for Lost Souls
- Go to the airport and take the first plane flying out.
- Write a journal about your wonderful trip to the southern province of Al Muthanna
- Throw a party for 30 people who you have never met – courtesy of chatroulette
- Be the only male extra in a movie directed by Anna Spam (go on look her up, see if I care)
- Write the story of your life on post-its and cover your fridge with them.
- Swim with a great white shark (actually put that one on the end of the list)
- Complete every exercise listed in the Karma Sutra in triplicate (best performed at the office)
- Stay over night in the Atlantis Bridge Suite on Paradise Island, Bahamas. It comes cheap at $25,000 a night so if you ain’t got the dough use a stolen credit card. You’re going to hit the bucket anyway so what’s stopping you right?
- Skinny dip at midnight (not recommended if you live in Lapland)
- Achieve world peace. I know, I know, but somebody’s got to do it.
- Dance the Samba at Rio
- Take Samba lessons – maybe you should have done this one before flying out to Rio!
- Receive the Guinness record for being the only sober person at Oktoberfest.
- Shake hands with somebody who has made a truly important contribution to society or Howard Stern.
- Watch the movie Memento backwards. If you are really daring do the same with Inception.
- Try to live for a week with your mobile turned off.
- Try to live for a week with your internet turned off.
- Try to live for a week with your spouse turned off.
- Run the marathon in fancy dress for charity.
- Run the marathon dressed as a Naturist for charity.
- Remind Charity that you’re not as young as you used to be and that she should stop signing you up for marathons, there is no way you are going to change your will in her favour.
- Enrol for a tap-dancing class and come dressed up as Sami Davis Junior.
- Listen randomly to 100 songs on your Ipod without skipping a song or fast forwarding.
- Write a thesis on the underlying didactic principles of The Police Academy movies.
- Disguised as the Invisible Man, spend a whole day gong around as if no-one can see you. If you make it through 24 hours without getting arrested you might consider continuing for another day.
- Share your innermost secrets with a complete stranger face to face or via a message in a bottle (see examples here)
- Find and marry your teenage sweetheart. If your present spouse objects bribe her/him with the diamond ring or sportscar she/he has been fantasising over for the last decade.
- Have your portrait painted by Ziggie Da Vinci.
- Eat jellied eels from a stall in London.
- Eat jellied bugs from a stall n Bangkok.
- Eat live jellyfish from a stall in Survivor.
- Try to find a public toilet – fast!
- Learn to Yodel and serenade your neighbours at midnight (might be dangerous in certain areas of Harlem)
- Go paragliding
- Go parasailing
- Go find a paramedic.
- Go on a zorbing safari – beware of the crocs!
- Try extreme Ironing
- Join the Blindfold Tourism experience in Albania. (Don’t believe me Google it!)
- Call your local mobile phone help desk and thank them for their wonderful service.
- Find time to attend the funeral of the guy from the help desk you spoke to.
- Count the holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
- Write a journal (yes with pen and paper) chronicling 365 days without the use of internet.
- If you managed to get through the first 49 tasks and can live without the web for a whole year then it’s time to write a list of yet another 50 things to do before you hit the bucket.
© 2010 Steve Taite. All rights reserved. If you enjoyed this post please leave a comment and pass on to your friends. If not feel free to pass on to your enemies. Don't want to miss a post? What are you waiting for, subscribe now or follow me on twitter.
No comments yet.
No trackbacks yet.
about 1 year ago - No comments
about 1 year ago - No comments
about 1 year ago - 1 comment